 Robotics / 23409
Re: A query to GBC members, module builders, and technic model builders.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 23:11:13 GMT

Hmm - I originally forgot to add lugnet.technic to this post, please post
any comments/thoughts you may have to share with others.

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

"Geoffrey Hyde" <g.hyde@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
I've seen a lot of usage of the Technic Link Chain and Technic Link Tread
in your models, and for those of you who use them, I'd like to know how
much would you use of each type on average?

The reason I'm asking is I'd like to get some comments on the feasibility
of asking LEGO to return these much-needed pieces to Technic Acessory
packs so people can buy them, and I'd like to find out what ideal
quantities people would like to see them available in.  I'd also like
comments on whether they could be included with particular types of gear
wheel and axle, improved in some way to make them do their intended
function better, and anything else I may not have thought of.

I know these are currently available as educational spares packs, but the
quantity in particular of the Technic Link Tread concerns me, people do
like to make tracked vehicles and $10 for 36 seems quite expensive.  I'd
also like to know if people would like to see the aforementioned types of
links in a color other than black.  I would say a bright color, like blue
or yellow would be good, or perhaps even a transparent link color could be
used.

So if you build in Technic, and use or want to use these, then I'd like to
hear your comments so they can be put together in a request for LEGO to
make them available as Technic Accessory packs, and hopefully with new
assortments and colors.

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde