 Robotics / 23403
23402  |  23404
Subject:
A query to GBC members, module builders, and technic model builders.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 06:51:35 GMT

I've seen a lot of usage of the Technic Link Chain and Technic Link Tread in
your models, and for those of you who use them, I'd like to know how much
would you use of each type on average?

The reason I'm asking is I'd like to get some comments on the feasibility of
asking LEGO to return these much-needed pieces to Technic Acessory packs so
people can buy them, and I'd like to find out what ideal quantities people
would like to see them available in.  I'd also like comments on whether they
could be included with particular types of gear wheel and axle, improved in
some way to make them do their intended function better, and anything else I
may not have thought of.

I know these are currently available as educational spares packs, but the
quantity in particular of the Technic Link Tread concerns me, people do like
to make tracked vehicles and $10 for 36 seems quite expensive.  I'd also
like to know if people would like to see the aforementioned types of links
in a color other than black.  I would say a bright color, like blue or
yellow would be good, or perhaps even a transparent link color could be
used.

So if you build in Technic, and use or want to use these, then I'd like to
hear your comments so they can be put together in a request for LEGO to make
them available as Technic Accessory packs, and hopefully with new
assortments and colors.

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde