 Robotics / 23402
Re: Conveyor Belts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 20:02:19 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, tmassey@obscorp.com wrote:

Yet it seems that *all* of you know how to build
these huge conveyor belts that move balls like
nothing!  Can someone let me in on the secret?

   Simple - we don't make videos of all the things that *didn't* work. Only
showing the successes makes it much easier to look like a genius.

   To expand on what Steve said, there are a couple of good ways to attach
things to the Technic tread links. First, a 1x4 plate snaps on (not as tightly
as you might like) to the front of the tread links (the three "pegs" on the
underside go in the three holes on the tread links). Second, the ends of the
tread links fit snugly into the axle hole on an L-shaped thin liftarm, or a peg
hole (this is how I ended up doing it).
   Also note that tread links are currently in somewhat short supply - they (as
well as chain links) can be ordered from Pitsco, and they may be coming out in
some sets this year (pleasepleaseplease...).

--
Brian Davis