 Robotics / 23401
Re: Conveyor Belts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:20:23 GMT

How are yo guys building the conveyor belts?  I tried working with tank
treads and they don't have high enough "bumps":  the balls just roll in
place like on a treadmill.  Yet it seems that *all* of you know how to
build these huge conveyor belts that move balls like nothing!  Can someone
let me in on the secret?

No, the tank treads don't work very well.  But there are other types of chains that do.

The Conveyor belt links work very well.  You can attach other pieces to them, and do
all kinds of things.

Conveyor belt:

http://www.legoeducationstore.com/catalog.cfm?dest=itempg&itemid=145&secid=77&linkon=subsection&linkid=216

The chain links will also connect together with conveyor belt links.

Chain Link:

http://www.legoeducationstore.com/catalog.cfm?dest=itempg&itemid=8269&secid=77&linkon=subsection&linkid=216

NOTE the conveyor links come in a package of 36, while the chain links come in 100.

Each link covers 2 teeth on a gear, so You will most likely need more than one package.

Steve