 Robotics / 23415
Re: Conveyor Belts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2005 13:06:12 GMT

That is assuming that the chain links are actually useful in making a
conveyor belt.  I had assumed that most conveyor belts were made with the
chain links and an occasional belt link to act as the "bucket" that pushes
the balls up.  However, after following the recent discussion, it seems
that maybe people are using the conveyor belt links exclusively?

The system you're wanting to use can work just fine.  My train loader uses a bunch
of chain links with about ten conveyor belt links. Each conveyor link has a 1x4 tile
on it (a 1x4 plate could be used).

I think all the lifts that I've seen that use conveyor links, also use chain links,
and there are many ways to do it.

Steve