 Technic / 13596
Re: Paul's Ferrari
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 00:36:56 GMT

The shocks that I used are yellow ones from the 8458 set with the stiffened
springs and worked well, but I actually found better springs for these shocks
that were the same exact size, but slightly thicker.(See Pic)

Since the Enzo should not have a "Bouncy" suspension, these spring were the way
to go.

The ground clearance is perfect with the correct amount of tension in the
springs.

There is no reason to add more shocks to projects when you can just upgrade the
springs.

Now people may or may not look down on this thinking "But that isn't Lego!"

I just look at it as a spring, and think back to how I had to repair my 10l
damped shocks from my 8448 set after they broke and think "That WAS Lego..?"

And besides, how many sets out there have rubber bands to make things work?

-Paul