 Star Wars / 993
Re: A Falcon in the works???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 15:55:28 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jorge Rodriguez writes:
On Tue, 30 Mar 1999 00:35:06 GMT, "jonathan wilson"
<wilsonj@xoommail.com> wrote:

i think that the day we see a flacon set from TLG is the day that lego starts
falling from the sky. TLG has not produced any massive sets in the past two
years so why sould it start now?

Because Lucas told them to. I don't think Lucas would allow lego to
put out an incomplete starwars line. The Falcon is one of the most
recognized ships in the starwars universe.
Jorge Rodriguez
rodriguez.136@osu.edu

I think there are two reasons why there will be a falcon:

1. Considering what Hasbro and others have paid for their licenses from
Lucasfilm it is likely that TLG has paid something in the high eight to
possibly nine digit dollar amount for their license. With this large capital
outlay the bean-counters will be pressing hard for TLG to get the most out of
their license. An example of this is the fact that with a turn-around time of
half what is normal for producing a set they are releasing 13 sets in the
first year.

2. A falcon would be priced under $150.00 if we use the upcoming Sith
Infiltrator (see sirstevesguide.com/legos/e1/v/sithinfiltrator.html) as an
example. It appears to be at least 2/3 the size of the falcon (see
theforce.net/prequels/newspics/crosssections_infiltrator.jpg - SPOILER. If
this is going for $89.99 then a falcon should come in under $150.00.