 Star Wars / 981
Re: A Falcon in the works???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 06:13:18 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Rod Paananen writes:
Does anybody think that a Falcon will be coming out soon?

I wonder if that is how they'll introduce Han Solo and Chewie...how about a
fuzzy Chewie???

Rod

legobot@hotmail.com
smile lots

Very doubtful. As someone posted earlier, the number of pieces to make a
Falcon would be entirely too high to price it at a point where people would
buy it--at least in great enough numbers to warrant marketing it.
However, here's a though (or an open letter to Lego)...
How about selling the Falcon in sections? A cockpit section with Han and
Chewie or Lando and Chewie. A turret section, with Luke and Han. A ramp
section (ingress/egress to the Falcon)with Han, Chewie, Leia, and maybe some
mynocks. An aft section, with the droids and Chewie--and the infamous chess
table. And then, whatever's left. Maybe with Obi Wan and Luke. Each one
containg instructions on how to link it to the other sections. Then, you'd
have the playsets, the characters, and you could do it all in a fashion that
could be priced reasonably. Probably no more than $30 per section. Granted, it
might be a bit rickety when the whole thing is put together, but it could
work. Something to think about and hope for.
A Lego Falcon? That'd be just wizards!
Brent Curtis