 Star Wars / 1009
Re: A Falcon in the works???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 14:51:28 GMT

On Wed, 31 Mar 1999 04:35:50 GMT, "Jonathan" <piano254@aol.com> wrote:

First off, I'd just like to say that the idea that somebody had about selling
small parts of the Falcon seperately, and including instructions that allowed
you to put the small parts together was a great idea. It also seems like a
reasonable step for TLG. Doing something like that would allow them to make a
couple of hundred dollars from people willing to buy all the small sets to make
the complete Falcon, but would also bring in money for those less serious fans
who would only buy a couple of the sets.

I think that would be a cool idea too, but I'm not sure TLG would do it.
Too many sets devoted to one item.  But it would be great for adults who
want high-detail, it would be great for kids who want high-playability, and
it would be great for KKK and George Lucas, who want high-profit.

Secondly, seeing as how there are those "oh-so-cool" Insectoid sets out there,

Why is everybody down on Insectoids all of a sudden?  They're weird and
quirky, but less juniorized than Spaceport or Adventurers.

one of which costs $80.00, I don't see how there wouldn't be people willing to
pay $150.00 for a model of the Falcon. I mean, in all honesty, sets like
Insectoids are geared towards children 12 and younger, and are mainly being
bought by that age group. $80 amounts to a lot of allowances. When it comes to
these SW legos, however, you're going to have a lot of adults out there, adding
to their SW collections.

I agree, if TLG can make a decent MF for $150, they will sell a ton.

Steve