 Star Wars / 1039
Re: A Falcon in the works???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 15:05:08 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Steve Bliss writes:

No problem.  I wasted a couple of hours going through this site.  His writing • style is just a bit
tabloid, with extra! exclamations!, and some of his logic is slightly faulty, • but I agree with most
of what he's saying.

The site *is* a bit clunky, but the volume of information more than makes up
for it. The real payoff is the floor plans at the end... the symmetry of the
layout makes the case for me.

Baseplates as in the 32x32 no-bottom-attachment pieces?  Or large, regular • plates?  Or brick-thick
plates?  Hey, those quarter-round plates from Belville would work nicely!

After thinking about it, I doubt baseplates are the answer (standard ones,
BTW) the problem with them is that they would force you to make the side walls
ceiling height (assuming the need for internal minifig clearance). As the
author of the site mentioned above points out, that would be out of scale with
the original model.

[shrug] back to the drawing board,
Gene @ The Brickyard