 Star Wars / 989
Re: A Falcon in the works???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 07:02:46 GMT

Because Lucas told them to. I don't think Lucas would allow lego to
put out an incomplete starwars line. The Falcon is one of the most
recognized ships in the starwars universe.

Not only is it one of the most recognized ships, it's also the one Lucas had
the most security around when the first film was in production.  I heard a
funny story about this once.  One of the special effects guys was doing some
compositing on a shot which involved the Falcon, but security was so tight
he didn't get a lot of access to it.  As a result, when the finished shot
was screened, the audience burst into laughter.  The guy was mortified that
he'd screwed up the shot.  He sorta did and sorta didn't.  He'd had so
little familiarity with the Falcon's appearance that he flipped an image by
accident and didn't know it and gave the Falcon a cockpit on BOTH sides of
the ship!

Dave