 Star Wars / 1010
Re: A Falcon in the works???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 16:01:39 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Steve Bliss writes:
I agree, if TLG can make a decent MF for $150, they will sell a ton.

Steve

*If* TLG could make a decent MF for $150, yes I agree, they will sell more then
probably any other $150 set they have produced.

But I do not think TLG can produce a decent MF for $150.  Based on a pricing
model of $0.10 a piece, $150 would limit you to around 1500 pieces.  I'd
challenge anyone out there to build a decent MF using less then 2000 pieces.
The models out there, in my estimate use anywhere from 3000 or more pieces,
probably closer to 5000 pieces.  So let us say TLG makes MF model using only
4000 pieces.  You are looking at a $400 set.  And who knows, may they will
release one at that price.  I'm not aware on any sets that originally cost that
much, but there is a first time for everything.  TLG has been breaking many of
their entrenched rules as of late, maybe they will break the $200 price barrier
with a Lego MF.

I'm not optimistic though.  But let's say they did come out with one for $500
and included 5000 pieces.  I'd buy it without even blinking.

Ben