 Star Wars / 1034
Re: A Falcon in the works???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 04:22:28 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Steve Bliss writes:
On Thu, 1 Apr 1999 16:53:32 GMT, "Gene Rodriguez III" <gr3@superlink.net> • wrote:
BTW, has anyone considered using baseplates for the upper and lower hulls?
These would provide a stable foundation for further detailing, I'd think.

Baseplates as in the 32x32 no-bottom-attachment pieces?

I actually have a design for a very large spacecraft that I can build (I've
done all the proof-of concept models) whose hull is made up entirely of
baseplates (including roadplates for the hangar bay) but to build it would
involve buying a bunch of large grey baseplates and cutting them up to proper
shape and size, which (1) would really make a lot of people mad, and (2) would
make it a royal pain to LDraw.

--Karim