 Star Wars / 1018
Re: A Falcon in the works???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 20:42:05 GMT

On Tue, 30 Mar 1999 00:35:06 GMT, jonathan wilson uttered the following
profundities...
i think that the day we see a flacon set from TLG is the day that lego starts
falling from the sky. TLG has not produced any massive sets in the past two
years so why sould it start now?

Everyone is operating under the assumption that there will be
a mini-fig scale MF. Where is it that states all SW sets must
be made to this scale? Why not a 1/3 minifig scale (not quite
micro-fig scale), MT MF?? (Model Team). This could probably
be accomplished, in well under a 1000 parts, and at under a
hundred dollars, surely?

Using that same example, we could may see a foot-long,
micro-fig scale Star Destroyer, perhaps! And perhaps a
foot-wide diameter Death Star!

Though we may desire sets of our  favourite, or at least of
some well-known ships, to expect them in minifig scale is
perhaps unreasonable. We should hope for something more
achievable, and affordable.

richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net               remove nospam dot
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
ICQ 13177071                  AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/