 Space / 9720
  why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

Train gets the My Own Train plus the train cars, as well as various bulk packs. Castle gets the Guarded Inn rerelease plus there are the new cool harry potter sets comming out (not lego direct but castle fans like them all the same) Pirate fans get (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jul-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

In lugnet.space, Jonathan Wilson writes: <snippage> (...) Patience, grasshopper. Starwars was (and is) your big bumpfa. Different themes get different things at different times. Let other themes digest their big lumps and you will get yours too, (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jul-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GG32s9.Fv2@lugnet.com... (...) Town? G..D..R -Jon -- ---...--- | The Galactic Shipyard - (URL) My website - (URL) (23 years ago, 7-Jul-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme? (and Town!)

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ... (...) Bity? Larry, that wasn't a misteak was it (looking forward to how you're going to explain this one...) But we have Jack Stone, right, that makes up for everything (blecchhhhhh) Kevin ---...--- Craftsman (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jul-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme? (and Town!)

(...) Cosmic rays interruption, of course. -Shiri (who's very reasonable, except when SHE disarees with Larry..) (23 years ago, 7-Jul-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme? (and Town!)

(...) ^^ And *that* was caused cosmic rays as well. So there. -Shiri (23 years ago, 7-Jul-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme? (and Town!)

(...) Ohhh don't get me started on Jack Stone....toy stores should ban the selling of these awful sets. I would like to see the purpose of buying them....a more expensive version of Town Junior Perhaps (with Creator Figs, instead, and an annoying (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jul-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme? (and Town!)

<snip> Tell you the truth, i just read that whole thing! I totaly agree, why such cheep sets, I lettle kid was at my house yesterday, and he was looking at my spaceships, he preferred the older Launch Command one to the newer more available LOM (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jul-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme? (and Town!)

(...) Sounded to me like Lar was doing an impression of Tweetie... YMMV John (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jul-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme? (and Town!)

(...) ...of course it wasn't a misteak, I don't make misteaks. It was a neologism. Just blend "bit of" (as in, Town hasn't got much lately) and "pity" and you get Bity. Prolly ought to be a FAQ entry, it's so useful. :-) :-) :-) (23 years ago, 7-Jul-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) Amen to that! I thought the whole Star Wars theme was a kick! I thought it a smart move on the part of TLG, HOWEVER, I have to agree with Mr. Wilson regarding the lack of good space sets in recent years. And the absence of any planned (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) Is the proscription against LEGO producing "clearly" .space sets, which was part of their agreement with Lucas to get the SW license, still in effect? That might explain why LD hasn't been going for space sets (yet). LFB (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) Brad said the prohibition lasts at least through the next two movies. We really can't complain because the SW line is incredible, and likely better than what would take it's place. The only thing I wish they would do is bring back more (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) Does this mean no Classic Space <set:497> Galaxy Explorer as part of the Legends re-releases? Arrrgh!! Or would it be OK since it was originally copyrighted well before this Star Wars agreement went into effect? - Bob (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) Double Arrrgh!! (...) I would hope this could be true for any number of space sets. I can second a desire for more trans-yellow elements. I have 3 copies of the Message Intercept Base, but I'd take more more for the elements. Renegade is cool (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

richard marchetti wrote: CHOP!!!! (...) I can't agree more on this! Wouldn't some genuinely "evil" space theme ala Blacktron 1 be good (yes, what's new there? ;-) Maybe I should mention that on the new feedback section of www.lego.com Bye, Stelios (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) (Ya gotta love my timely participation in this thread! ;] ) Okay, if TLC is restricted from producing any "clearly" space sets, then how can they produce the Life On Mars line? I've been curious about this for quite some time. KDJ ___...___ (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jul-01, to lugnet.space)

Brad stated no "Fantasy" space sets. LOM is pretty much an offshoot of the town spaceport subgroup and is not precluded by the agreement. -- Overkill is the only sure kill. SR "Kyle D. Jackson" <flightdeck@sympatic...mblock.ca> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jul-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) And LOM isn't fantasy?? TLC baffles me... KDJ ___...___ LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada (23 years ago, 31-Jul-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) (snip) I'd just like to note that it's been three years since Jon wrote this post, and Space fans STILL have NOTHING. Big. Fat. Nothing. I've said it before, I'll say it again. A Classic Space Legend, along with one or two (or seven or eight!) (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) I couldn't agree more! Bring back something from Classic Space, Futuron, or even Blacktron (not Blacktron II), and it would be a huge hit. Retro-future space is very cool and would sell well as LEGO sets! As for fan created sets, I'd like to (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) I've moved on from wanting a space Legend. Yeah, I'd buy it- but I'd really rather have something new. (...) I don't see any reason for a fan-created Star Wars set... we've already got tons of SW sets. The main thing I'd like to see on any new (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) um...what are X-PODs? Certainly looks like the great POD sessions of last year were some kind of influence... Scott Lyttle (20 years ago, 15-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) Agreed. As a castle guy, I learned a ton by building Dan Siskind's Blacksmith Shop design (also very educational for town builders). Look through recent castle creations (e.g. search "tudor" on Brickshelf: (URL) ) to see how that set has had (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) The only two additional issues that I can think of offhand is that it would have to be a canon design (i.e. something from the movies) because TLC's license reportedly doesn't cover EU stuff, and Lucasfilm approval would still be required (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

I would definatly LOVE a My Own Creation space set. Probobly even more so than a legend (since any legend would almost certainly have modifications to the origonal design) Especially if the MOC was done in a color scheme that minimized use of the (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  I'd love it too, but . . .

If and when they do put out a Classic Space Legend it'll probably be in bley, which means I might buy it for the trans-yellow, but I wouldn't keep all the pieces. It would be nice, but it would be bittersweet. Dave "Dave Lovelace" <dave@umop.com> (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: I'd love it too, but . . .

(...) When they put a Classic Space Legend out in the new grey color, I will be more than happy to swap these pieces for my old grey bricks. According to my setlist, I own almost all Classic Space sets, so I should be able to come up with enough old (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) This is a good point. This would require that the fan created model be canon, so I didn't think of that. I believe that this would restrict the creativity of a fan MOC to the point that it wouldn't be worth it. In my opinion, you might as well (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) I've seen a number of really creative MOCs of canon vehicles. Some of them are better than their official counterparts, others are less so. It's not so much a matter of searching for a suitable SW design for the MOC program, but taking the (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) Well, you got your wish. (URL) (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) I agree whole-heartedly, but as you might recall we had the vote a while back. And I specifically remember one of my favorite sets being on the voting list... [LEGOSet 6941] But, we got the Black Seas Barracuda instead. Democracy is a burden. (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) cool, and can be used to make PODs, but they're not in gray (or even blay). Actually, I'm thinking of something more along these lines: (URL) [that] is a cool little POD! Jeff (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) Yeah, right. Keep talking smack like that, and I may just show up this year and bring another "boat" with me. Can't you guys go pick on Galidor or something? Yo ho ho, LFB PS: I'm still weeping over the non-appearance of the Battrax. FOUL, I (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) Hate to be this brutaly honest, but watch out for what you wish for. The might take heed to our mumor of complaints and just chose some random Lego set and some random fan MOC, both that we might hate. If we want new (or old) sets, we should (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)