 Space / 4575
  Re: What do you listen too while building?

Jon Palmer wrote in message ... (...) Do (...) If I do listen to music while I'm building it's typically an eclectic, random mix of my favourite songs, no particular decade or style, that I have compiled over the last couple of years. Classical, (...) (24 years ago, 11-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

  What do you listen too while building?

I was curious what everyone listens too during an ideal building session. Do you listen to music? Do you keep the TV on? Is silence golden? I make mostly space and sci fi stuff so I usually break out electronic music while building. If I'm feeling (...) (24 years ago, 11-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

(...) listen to music, it's usually alternative stuff like Fuel, Zebrahead, Green Day, Soundgarden, or my favorite the Dave Matthews Band, which isn't really alternative. Thanks Jay Jacinto (24 years ago, 11-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

I usually don't listen to anything except the drone of bricks. *rattle, rattle, scrunnnnnnn* Aaah, music to my ears. :-) Dave Jon Palmer <jpalmer@oklahoma.net> wrote in message news:G3uHI6.52o@lugnet.com... (...) Do (...) Sasha (...) building. (...) (...) (24 years ago, 11-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

(...) I'm kind of a silence man, myself, though sometimes I'll turn on the radio. ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 11-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

I used to listen to the radio, but that was 4 years ago. Today, I almost never listen to anything, but that's mainly because I've got all my music on the computer. But it will change once I get a MiniDisc ^-^ I guess I'll be listening to the kind of (...) (24 years ago, 11-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

You think trance is energetic? It puts me ... well, to sleep or vegged out (brain dead). Mostly drives me crazy because it gets boring. For something with a good beat that's energetic how about some really dark, manic drum and bass with big fat room (...) (24 years ago, 11-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

(...) Well because I'm a metal guitarist I mostly listen to Death-metal and such when I'm building (Actually I always have music on even when I'm asleep) Greetz, Jay (24 years ago, 11-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

Ooh! Good question! I typically listen to the radio.. www.cd101.com The best freaking station on the planet! And I'm not making that up, they actually got an award saying that :D But that's only when I don't want to mess with changing tracks and (...) (24 years ago, 11-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

(...) Silence is most certainly NOT golden. TV is FAR too distracting due to the visuals. I'm typically listening to www.grooveradio.com most nights. These's nothing quite like a live set of progressive house to get the blood flowing to the brain (...) (24 years ago, 11-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

I usually listen to Limp Bizkit, KoRn, Godsmack, that kind of music. I like it better than radio or T.V. because radio and T.V. give me too many distractions. I like good, continuous, hard music that inspires me to build really wicked space (...) (24 years ago, 11-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

(...) I typically listen to MP3's while I'm working (as I don't have a TV near my Lego Room but I do have 2 computers there). I have a very large collection of MP3's, much of which is peppy high energy stuff like dance, ska, rock, punk, and techno. (...) (24 years ago, 11-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

(...) Hmm...although not a spacehead, I think I will add my listening prefs to this: On right now..Spirit Of The West, ("Lets Make a Mystery", from "Go Figure") The changer is filled with: 35 Sarah Mclachlan disks, 6 SotW disks, 22 U2 disks, 6 (...) (24 years ago, 11-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

I'm kind of partial to Jupiter. It has a BIG, majestic sound. :^) ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 11-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

Command & Conquer music baby!!! Nothing like a little Crush, or time bomb! Not to metion Mutant Night!!! WHen I feel a little communist I listen to Hell March! From Red Alert and Red ALert 2, except in 2 it is called HM2. Yeah! Griffon Industries (...) (24 years ago, 11-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

(...) Country Music! Yeehaw! <I fear I may be run out of town now :-)> As for TV, if I'm trying to get inspired for a castle creation, I pop in Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, or Braveheart...always good choices. Another one I've found in The 10th (...) (24 years ago, 11-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

(...) Country Music! Yeehaw! <I fear I may be run out of town now :-)> As for TV, if I'm trying to get inspired for a castle creation, I pop in Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, or Braveheart...always good choices. Another one I've found in The 10th (...) (24 years ago, 11-Nov-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.castle)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

Well, I think the clear choice here is They Might Be Giants. Whenever I spread out the legos for building, I start up something like Apollo 18. Maybe someday, due to subliminal messaging, I will build a ship that's shaped like arkansas... -Lucas (...) (24 years ago, 11-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

(...) Due to the proximity and age of my neighbors, I generally have to listen to music through headphones nowadays (which is annoying when you are building... I generally pop movies in the vcr) I used to listen to hip-hop (i.e. Tribe Called Quest, (...) (24 years ago, 11-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

I myself tend to build most often to ambient noise - I close the door to the room most of the way, but my wife is usually doing something that fills the quiet. When I was in school, I tended to build only when I was home for the long weekends, (...) (24 years ago, 11-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

(...) I tend to listen to CKUA radio (ckua.com for those of you with realaudio), which is a fantastic mix of music, but isn't for the commercial radio crowd. I'll sometimes pre-empt that with traditional celtic music if I'm in that kind of mood, or (...) (24 years ago, 11-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

I used to listen to Rage or NIN alot, but lately I've been listening to various MP3's off the Matrix soundtrack and alot of stuff from propellorhead. "Jon Palmer" <jpalmer@oklahoma.net> wrote in message news:G3uHI6.52o@lugnet.com... (...) Do (...) (24 years ago, 12-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

I listen to either nothing, or else classical music(Johann Strauss RULES!). I also like Foreigner and the London Symthony Orchestra playing Star Wars(R) Episode I music. It is relaxing, and I tend to build better with stuff like that on. Robbie (...) (24 years ago, 12-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

Salsa y Merengue and whatever else in spanish I have laying around. Jorge Rodríguez rodriguez.136@osu.edu (24 years ago, 12-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

(...) Well, I have to say that the music depends on the building theme. If I am building Castle stuff it is generally Heros Of Might & Magic, Space is usually Rush or Pink Floyd, heavy beat works best for power-mad construction. Pirate stuff usually (...) (24 years ago, 12-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

(...) Silence?! I doubt that, you've been listening to Barney whilst you build! "Muffin Head", now you are the muffin man :o) HA Aaron (24 years ago, 12-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

(...) I.R. forget to sign message. Please do not smash I.R. with monkey-whacker... :o) Aaron (24 years ago, 12-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

Mark Sandlin wrote in message ... (...) which (...) of (...) Oh, agreed - that's my second favourite in the suite. When I hear the bit where the horns repeat the eight-bar phrase over, but deeper and louder each time, I always picture a panning (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

I listen to that exact same stuff. I also like to listen to house during brief , highy inspired sessions. Pat Good topic (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

Actually, of Holst, I really enjoy the Jupiter suite. It's sort of has that feel like a triumphant return of the forces that fought in the Mars suite. I do like Mars, a real lot, it's the one everyone seems to know. What I really like about it is (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

Groovy, I thought I was the only one who would care about what's on in the background. I put together several cd's of stuff like Orbital, Crystal Method, Massive Attack, William Orbit, RITM, Moby, etc, (along with some other stuff like classical and (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

I was going to say I like Jupiter a whole lot too. It always at once reminded me of the god and the planet. I guess that was how it was supposed to be though. Anyway great music. -Jon "Wayne McCaul" <wmccaul@horizonhouse.com> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

Wayne McCaul wrote in message ... (...) My interpretation is that the ending of Mars seems like the moment where one combatant is mortally wounded, and the victor stands over them and looks them coolly in the eye, perhaps gloating a bit, and then (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

Either TV or random MP3s out of my list... -- Z. Unger fusion@refraxion.com ICQ: 14375008 ~ AIM: ErrorY3K ~ eBay: dizzyzz ===...=== LEGO Fusion: (URL) Crisis: (URL) Universe: (URL) paid to surf the web: (URL) Palmer" <jpalmer@oklahoma.net> wrote in (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

(...) Dub is great for building space, the expansive echo of the music lets your mind get creative and wander while the driving beat keeps you working. good dub artists to check out: King Tubby (orginator!) Lee Scratch Perry, Victor Rice I've been (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

Man, I have to tell you that I lost this CD awhile ago when I moved, but I just ran out and bought it after talking about it. Here's what I enjoy doing (and have been doing): Play Mars and I imagine a massive space battle, with gigantic captial (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

(...) Naw, it's ok. I actually like your decription. Sounds good to me. ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

Wayne McCaul wrote in message ... (...) the (...) Then (...) Actually, the scenario I imagined for "Mars" is very similar, in fact almost the same, right up until the end of the quiet bit where they are about to recommence their attack on each (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

Have you guys ever heard Mars done by Emerson, Lake and Powell (not Palmer)? It's a great version. I remember creating a dramatic liftoff scene and ensuing battle just over the planet earth to Mars. Wow, it's kinda neat to see other's with the same (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

(...) I totally agree! For something (...) Yes the drum and bass is sick! Im a big fan of DJ Dieselboy and Dom & Roland That will energize an entire (...) Yep.. my neighbors "love" me.... hehehe (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

(...) I always listen to music, no matter what I'm doing. :) Like you, I usually build space and sci-fi stuff. My collection is so varied it isn't funny, but it's virtually all some form of electronic. I am usually listening to PPK, (An excellent (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

(...) All through school and college I was in symphonic bands (I used to play trumpet). Mars is a really fun piece to play--sitting in the middle of the band with trombones and tubas behind you pumping out that bass line. It's a very high energy (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.space)

"John Aronson" <kryogen@mailcity.com> wrote in message news:Gvr5Ju.21E@lugnet.com... (...) out (...) and (...) Roland (...) Holy Moly this is an old thread. I love it when these get revived out of the blue. The funny thing is I've actually drifted (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

I don't always have music on while building, due partially to the blocked-off area I build in where sound doesn't travel too well, and partially due to the fact that I barely hear it while building-the actual process takes all of my attention. When (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

Interesting thread, I had never thought about playing music that somehoe fit the theme of what I build. Strange, because lego and music are my two great passions in life, but the music I listen to, mainly classic rock, doesn't really correspond to (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

Man...reading these bands and styles makes me feel....ancient. Interesting thread tho'. I think I mainly listen to the tube when building...often things that don't require visuals (History Chn, Discovery, A&E, Space etc). If it is music, it's (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

(...) I used to watch them late at night on HBO I think...my memory is not that good. Anyway, I love the D!!! All my friends think I am a total goof ball becuase at parties I'll throw in the D and SING EVERY SINGLE WORD!! Man, a hard days rockin' (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

(...) Same here. I just camp out in the basement and put 'Office Space', 'Spaceballs', or some anime in the VCR and start building. If I watch DirecTV, I normally watch Cartoon Network. It gets my imagination juiced up and I love Toonami and Ed, (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

Oh, don't get me started about the poor excuse for a cartoon channel we have in southern Canada. Due to stringent Canadian content laws, our channel is populated with a string of brutal indie toons that are neither funny, nor graphically compelling. (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

(...) Sure it does! Have you ever seen 'Heavy Metal?' Jeff J (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

(...) Hi everyone, I too never drew any links between what I was building and what I was playing. I listen to Santana Santana Santana (can't get enough of it!), Eric Clapton, Pink Floyd and most other cool blues or blues derivative music. I also (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

(...) Yay! sorry they broke up, but I was not fond of his influence on 'Stereotype A'... Cibo just lost all their humor on that one. ALso, I am surprised that you didn't mention Soul Coughing or Solex. With what you listed, I am guessing you would (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

The computer has a mp3 player in it and I usually put in my mix. Techno, rock, upbeat stuff. It sets a great mood for building. Mark Neumann (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

(...) or NPR. I just can't build not listening to something. O.K. I know I'm weird. John Kruer (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

Guess what I listen to during an ideal building session, guys! ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... wait.... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Nothing! Curt (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA...HAHAHA!!!! feeling a little bit crazy, Curt (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

(...) rather than a specific music style for building. As of late I have been listening to: Echoing Green (best description would be electronic smile pop) Believer Tourniquet ---Both AWESOME XTIAN metal Saviour Machine (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

(...) Hey, at least Escaflowne actually finished airing up there... (...) Coming to DVD near you! :D Buena Vista is planning on releasing two Ghibli DVDs this year, three next year, and two each year after that until they get 'em all out. This year (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

(...) I remember being very appreciative of the video game 'Outpost' 'casue it had 'Mars' as its underlying songtrack. People who say classical music is boring and mundane haven't listened to 'The Planets' at all. Close your eyes and let your (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

(...) I'll believe that when I see it.... (...) Which will presumably be easy since they are out on VHS... as for Porco Rosso and Castle of Laputa, weren't those promised before and not delivered? (...) ++Lar (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

(...) Well, it came from a Disney employee at the Spirited Away premiere, so its fairly reliable. (...) Actually, making DVDs is quite different from making VHS tapes. However, most of the movies should be easy to do because they've been released in (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

(...) Making GOOD ones, yes. Are they going to dub and resoundtrack again? I would think the old dubs for Kiki and Totoro could be used as they were pretty good. FUT ot.fun (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.fun)