 Space / 4596
Re: What do you listen too while building?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 20:57:07 GMT

In lugnet.space, James Powell writes:
So how bout you guys?

-Jon

Due to the proximity and age of my neighbors, I generally have to listen to
music through headphones nowadays (which is annoying when you are
building... I generally pop movies in the vcr)

I used to listen to hip-hop (i.e. Tribe Called Quest, KRS-1, Wu-tang) or an
"alternative" variety including Nine Inch Nails, Ministry, New Order,
Depeche Mode, The Cult, Cure, etc.
(sometimes the "less than soothing" backround music takes my mnd in new
directions)

James has some great groups/artists listed below...

Hmm...although not a spacehead, I think I will add my listening prefs to this:

On right now..Spirit Of The West, ("Lets Make a Mystery", from "Go Figure")

Spirit of the West would distract me from building...I wouldn't want the
rattle of the bricks to drown the sound...lol

The changer is filled with: 35 Sarah Mclachlan disks, 6 SotW disks, 22 U2
disks, 6 Indigo Girls disks, 5 Tracy Chapman, 7 Skydiggers disks, 5 The Box
disks, 2 James disks, 7 Northern Pikes disks (plus a couple of other odd disks,
like Bells for Her (a Tori Amos bootleg)).  Generally, I use the changer to
listen to music.  I have about another 125 disks loose (in a shelf) but the
changer is easier to use.

Man I haven't heard Northern Pikes for years...

What ? no 54' - 40? Lowest of the Low? Blue Rodeo?

Reading all those band names makes me miss Buffalo NY radio (we could get
Canadian Radio stations that played great canadian bands)
Looks ike I'll have to junk the 5 disc anf get a hundred disk someday = )
So, typically it will be SotW, or Skydiggers, or Sarah.  Depends on my mood as
to what I listen to.  I'm not a metalhead (gee, can't you tell from the choice
of albums...)I have a bunch of other stuff that I do listen to (earlier in the
year I got the 2 Ani Difranco/U Utah Phillips albums, and listened to them
incessently for a while, my wife hates them...)

So, mood dictates music.

James

I used to see Ani Defranco in little Buffalo dive Bars in the late 80's ...
I haven't kept up with alot of her recent stuff (she's out there sometimes)

Heck, I may have to trade Lego for Canadian Music cds
in the future...

                John