 Space / 14120
Re: What do you listen too while building?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 7 May 2002 20:47:11 GMT

"John Aronson" <kryogen@mailcity.com> wrote in message
Lets revive an old thread!!
In lugnet.space, Rick Kujawa writes:
You think trance is energetic?  It puts me ... well,  to sleep or vegged • out
(brain dead).  Mostly drives me crazy because it gets boring.

I totally agree!

For something
with a good beat that's energetic how about some really dark, manic drum • and
bass with big fat room shaking bass notes?

Yes the drum and bass is sick! Im a big fan of DJ Dieselboy and Dom & • Roland

That will energize an entire
neighborhood. Or get you a visit from the local peace officer.

Yep.. my neighbors "love" me.... hehehe

Holy Moly this is an old thread.  I love it when these get revived out of
the blue.

The funny thing is I've actually drifted away from trance.  I listen to
mostly glitch, jungle or house now.  Glitch and jungle is usually so much
more interesting and house is just usually more fun. :-)  If I hear some
good trance I'm not gonna turn it down though.

Also: Orbital, Underworld (duh.) Although IMO Orbital is not so good at the
moment and Darren Emerson left Underworld :-(

Scratch DJ's are cool too but the movemnet seems to be slowing at the
moment.

And I've LOVED Stereolab since Emperor Tomato Ketchup. I still need to
gather up some early rare stuff by them.

-Smiths/Morissey
-Blur
-Elastica
-Lush
-Radiohead (duh.)
-Bjork
-PJ Harvey
-U2
-Beatles

Teancious D! (Loved them since they were first introduced after Mr. Show,
thankyouverymuch :-)

I'm starting to love Jazz.

-Shibuya Kei.  I think Jpop is generally silly but I love the more
advanced - IMO - forms of it like Pizicato 5 and Fantastic Plastic Machine.

Speaking of the Japanese-- I love Cibo Matto. :-)
And Sean Lennon who was touring with them (Met him! We talked about Star
Wars!) but he broke up with Yuka Honda so I guess he won't be playing with
them anymore. :-(

What else...

-Art rock (Yes)
-Indie rock (Pavement mostly)
-*Good* 80's music. (read: no hair bands ;-)

Have everything by Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin but I don't listen to them so
much now.

I better stop now.  I could go on for a long time. :-)

-Jon