 Space / 14156
Re: What do you listen too while building?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 9 May 2002 21:39:09 GMT

In lugnet.space, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.space, Jeff Stembel writes:

Hayao Miyazaki...where are you?!?!

Coming to DVD near you!  :D  Buena Vista is planning on releasing two Ghibli
DVDs this year, three next year,  and two each year after that until they get
'em all out.

I'll believe that when I see it....

Well, it came from a Disney employee at the Spirited Away premiere, so its
fairly reliable.

This year will probably be Kiki's Delivery Service, and Totoro.

Which will presumably be easy since they are out on VHS... as for Porco
Rosso and Castle of Laputa, weren't those promised before and not delivered?

Actually, making DVDs is quite different from making VHS tapes.  However, most
of the movies should be easy to do because they've been released in Japan, and
that is where the US discs are going to be made.  :)  As to Porco Rosso being
promised a while back, I don't remember it.  Laputa was, though, but due to
delays and then Princess Mononoke's poor box office totals, it was delayed
indefinitely.

Jeff