 Space / 25471
Re: Hypothetical design question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 05:34:06 GMT

Ah, now your not talking about dynamics as such, but surface area too.
the aerodynamic comes into play with the angle of reflection.

Interesting discussion and all. Aerodynamics in near lightspeed space travel?
Whatever, but like someone said, if your suspending disbelief enough to
conceive
FTL or NLS travel, you can suspend it enough to solve such minor details as
space friction. Either way sleek ships look cool, and wings have purpose
even in
a vacuum, if only an aesthetic one.

How about we ditch the concept of aerodynamics in space, as it's contradictory
by definition. How about {photodynamic} technology?

ohhh, PhotoDynamic, I like that idea.  I may have to use that
somehow.  Good thinking there Alister.

ps. Anyone remember the old Amiga game Warhead? That had a reasonable
approximation of how a real spaceship would handle. It was a bugger to control
though.

Handled like a spastic whale if I remember.

<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/almac/misc/warhead.jpg>>

Trav (-|-)