 Space / 25406
25405  |  25407
Subject:
Hypothetical design question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 11:05:03 GMT

Okay, just something I thought of while fiddling with my LEGO: An aerodynamic
desigh is only handy in atmosphere and not necessary in space, right? I remember
it from physics lessons and some posts in this newsgroup. But space is not a
true vaccuum, is it? There is all sorts of stuff out there, even if it is only
on a molecular or atomic level. So if a spaceship had a revolutionary drive
which would allow it to travel close to lightspeed (let's stay true to Einstein
and assume faster is no option) it should be very aerodynamic or its would
sustain heavy damage from even the smallest of particles out there. Am I right
or have I completely overlooked something?

Love, Sylvi