 Space / 25407
Re: Classic Space heavy fighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 11:39:04 GMT

From my latest creation to my earliest... well, after my dark age, that is. I
made this back in late '98 and posted a preview pic in early '99, which I
think
sets a (shameful) new record for time taken between preview and proper
announcement!

When I first saw this model I was blown away.  It's massive.  And I
believed I called it a "research shuttle" instead of a fighter, Capital
engine on a fighter indeed, a touch overpowered methinks, can't imagine
that it is very maneuverable.  Still, gives a good indication of the size
of the Flame doesn't it...

Glad to see some pics of it though.

This thing is really, really old school. It's also very solid and heavy,
weighing in at about 11 kilograms. Not swooshable, which is a bummer... but
then, the micro version is eminently swooshable (and turned out quite well, I
think). I'm eagerly waiting a light grey version of that new trapezoidal 2x2
flag element which will allow me to get the micro's lower wing shape just
right.

That piece is only available in black and green isn't it?

Trav (-|-)