 Space / 25095
Re: The Flame and The Lance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 13:11:42 GMT

HOW DARE YOU!!!
Building ships of that magnitude?

Never again. It was a labour of love (all 1.2 metres of it), but the affair
is over... It was fun to build, and I was glad to make a microscale
(space)battleship with the features it has, but there's just too many things
wrong with big ships. They're kind of interesting to build once, but they're
a pain to transport and an even bigger pain to photograph. Not to mention one
could really make at least two ships that are just as interesting and are a
better use of the parts... this one will be dismantled to make way for other
stuff.

I quote: "Oh, all they do is complaining!", offcourse this ship has to be
dismantled, it's not allowed to have more LEGO bricks!
: )

I love the hanger at the back, and the cute little fighters. I like the back and
those WW2 style cannons on the top. But...overall ship design, if it has to be a
straight iron, why not make the bottom a bit more interesting?

This is my favourite MOC, far and away. It only took a short time to build,
it was pure inspiration all the way. My greebling was better than usual, too.
IMHO. :-)

Pure beauty.
I particulairy like how the cannon blends into the fuselage, with those normal
and inverted slopes. Also the shape of the front fuselage is quite good, quite
good.
My only comment would be to make te bottom fuselage under the hangers less
straight, there is a bit of a contrast there with the front fuselage that could
be improved. Maybe a turret or...ah, whatever. It;s a Supership!

Fine work, cheers! Bas