 Space / 25111
Re: The Flame and The Lance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 14:25:45 GMT

In lugnet.space, James Wilson wrote:
   Dude, you rock!

These are very impressive! Bulgy details, greeblies, and more, oh my! The colors work well together, and did I detect interior lighting?

On a technical note - are these digital photos, or scans of film? If digital, you can get the white balance right by setting it to a sheet of white paper in the lighting you’re shooting in. If film, shooting outside works best, unless you spring for expensive daylight-balanced bulbs, or Tungsten-balanced slide film. (If I’m misinterpreting your artistic intentions, please forgive me)

I believe that they are taken with an old digitial camera. Not many cameras have a manual white balance, (mine doesn’t and its MSRP was $400) but some of them might have selectable white-balance, in which you can choose incadecent, sunlight, overcast, etc.

Or you could just run them through Photoshop and tweak some levels.

-JHK