 Space / 25173
Re: The Flame and The Lance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 03:55:48 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jeff Szklennik wrote:
   the whole acheivement reminds me of a fractal; the closer you look, it’s still infinitely more detailed. Excellent job!

Funny you should say that - I worked with three detailing scales in mind:

1. Overall scale - the general form of the ship and shape of bulkheads. It worked well for the Lance, not so well for the Flame IMO.
2. Stud scale - the form given to the surface by larger parts like slopes and panels. This was difficult for me. Some shapes turned out well, others didn’t. I just wish I could do what Ken-tucky did with his stud-scale detailing, his is just amazing. I guess I was just born in the wrong culture :-)
3. Greebly scale - I restrained myself and I think it turned out well. Greebling isn’t usually my strong point anyway.

Cheers,