 Space / 15935
Re: New space building standard and submission to www.classic-space.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 18:24:39 GMT

Jeff,
    That's odd that you found a lot of mathematical explanations for it...
Pitch-class sets are the new mathematical way of understanding atonal music
but harmonic analysis (Roman numeral) should be fairly non-mathematical.  In
any case, I'm happy you took the time to look even this far.  I can well
understand your brain being stretched :)  If you're ever interested in music
theory though, I can point you in my biased direction with a couple of links
and such :)
Luke

"Jeff Jardine" <jwjardin@diespam.mccain.ca> wrote in message
In lugnet.space, Luke Ma writes:
   If you would like an even closer analogy, take a look at the basic • of
harmonic analysis (more homework ;) ).

I've done some peeking around the internet for Harmonic analysis - there • are
some sites that mention it in a musical context, but most appear to be • about
mathematics.
It's good to stretch your brain once in awhile, but I think I've already
reached my limit on how much I can learn about music for this week...

In lugnet.space, Damien Guichard writes:
You can't take any model and
decompose it using my system. Because not every model can be built using • my
system. Again, my system is neither unique nor universal.

Do you have any intention of expanding it?  Maybe including technic?

One last point: Classic space made regular use of brackets to attach
engines, etc.  Would these be classified as accessories?  The • 'accessories'
catalog entry includes hinges and turntables.  What do you think of adding
an entry for parts that act as a support for other bricks but change the
orientation of the studs?  Even classic space was not strictly • studs-on-top.

Jeff J