 Robotics / 25176
Re: Mindstorms NXT programming languages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2006 17:05:57 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Brian Davis wrote:

   You've brought up the price point several times. If your analysis is correct
(example: adding 64MB for a couple bucks), why don't you think LEGO did it? It
would seem to me there are three options:
1) Your economic analysis is flawed.
2) LEGO has other constraints that we either don't know or aren't considering.
3) LEGO is run by a bunch of moronic idiots, and they've survived for the last
several generations on sheer luck.

Another more likely option is that they put the ram and flash ram on the same
custom chip as the ARM. Not only would this reduce the parts count, but it would
save pinout and simplify the circuit board.