 Robotics / 25184
Re: Mindstorms NXT programming languages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2006 18:23:25 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Dick Swan wrote:

I can't recall ever seeing a post with a complaint that a
NQC program doesn't fit in [the RCX]

That's because most people have a reasonable 'feel' for what
will fit into the RCX and won't even attempt to fit in something
that they can tell just by looking won't come close to
fitting.

I *KNOW* without looking that I can't do image processing
on an RCX - so I don't even try - I don't even think about
trying.  Hence no posts about that.

For the record, I have had NQC programs that wouldn't
fit into the RCX - it was generally a close thing though
and with a little rearrangement I would manage to wedge
the thing in.

It's not a matter of needing 20% more memory.  In the
areas I'd like to play, I need 100 or maybe 1000 times
as much memory.

If I was asking for something unreasonable (like a Terrabyte
of memory), then that would be one thing - but I'm not.
I'm asking for about the amount memory than my telephone has!