 Robotics / 25234
Re: Re[2]: Mindstorms NXT programming languages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 15 Jan 2006 18:01:51 GMT

The RCX contains a chip that says (c)LEGO, upper right in this picture:
http://graphics.stanford.edu/~kekoa/rcx/bot.jpg

What did Lego have to do with the creation of this chip? Does anyone
know what kind of chip this is? (I can't read the numbers on it)

Trevyn

That's the Hitachi H-8 Microcontroller. It is merely
silk-screened with
the Lego logo, they had nothing at all to do with
it's development.

I think it is silk-screened with LEGO logo because it contains a rom masked with
firmware downloader.

Philo