 Robotics / 25186
Re: Mindstorms NXT programming languages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2006 18:44:26 GMT

John Barnes wrote:

Is there an apples and oranges problem here? You are referring to serial memory
devices used for data storage versus broad side FLASH which permits the CPU to
execute from it.

There is certainly a huge difference - but given that the NXT has RAM
and 'broad-side' Flash on-chip, the bulk of the flash only has to
function as backing storage...like a disk drive.

If the CPU were to be crippled by executing from a SD memory device, I think
you'd start complaining about the speed at that point.

You can page executable stuff into RAM as needed.

So how much does 32 bits wide of 64Mb of FLASH cost?

Dunno - but that's not what I'm suggesting.