 Robotics / 25192
Re: Mindstorms NXT programming languages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2006 19:44:22 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Dick Swan wrote:
   I’m having trouble imagining an ‘application’ program on the NXT brick that will take 50 (or 100) Kbytes of space.

Code, may be. But I can easily imagine large data usage in many applications.

Example 1: Robot that can play pre-recorded messages.
“Danger, Will Robinson!”. A robot that can talks base on what it encounters is both fun and help debugging.

Example 2: Robot that can record voices using the mic.
Come on this is an obvious application for kids when they see the mic - build a real spy-bot that sneaks and records.

Now we may be able do those by streaming the voice data through bluetooth, but we have little idea about how much we can do with bluetooth in NXT. The 64K RAM is also providing very little room to buffer the voice data against the inevitable wireless link interruption.