 Robotics / 25189
Re: Mindstorms NXT programming languages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2006 20:27:11 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, steve <sjbaker1@airmail.net> wrote:

OK, OK - so this group is populated in part by a bunch of Lego fanatics
who believe their favored company can do no wrong - and you don't want
to hear *ANY* criticism whatever of the shiney new toy - fair enough -
add me to your spam filter and you'll never see one of my posts again.

But if you want to slam me down, at least have the courtesy to do so
with sensible, well thought out and coherent arguments...which
is all I've *ever* posted here myself.

Steve, no matter how you look at it, adding that greater potential would have
increased the price. Not just the $10 or whateva for the memory, but the extra
development time needed to integrate it. Hell they could have just included a
CompactFlash port on the side, but do you think that would cost nothing? The set
is currently listed for au$430 at S@H, thats 50 or 60 more than the retail price
of the RCX sets, and includes less extra building parts. The higher the cost,
the less people are gonna buy these things. TLC have already said they are
aiming to increase the percentage of kids using NXT, they are not gonna do that
by increasing the cost (which is already substantially more).

ROSCO