 Robotics / 21855
Re: Bump switches and "aggression"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 01:38:48 GMT

There was discussion of one company that made switches with analog values
that could be mixed, but they were apparently either expensive or hard to
find (at least there was some difficulty).

But simple resistor network, say a load resistor to ground and each switch
with a different series resistor from positive reference voltage, could feed
an a/d channel. It sounds like what was packaged in that particular system,
but could be done with inexpensive resistors and external wiring. Then
analog voltage ranges determine the binary combinations of the 4 switches.
Does this make any sense? (Of course one could use 4 separate inputs, but
that might tax available resources).

-- Gordon

----- Original Message -----
From: "Øyvind Steinnes" <phoenix@online.no>
To: <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2003 2:24 PM
Subject: Re: Bump switches and "aggression"

"Rob Limbaugh" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
news:004201c3c2be$0a5c6cf0$640ba8c0@markera...
Personally, I find multiple bump sensors the way to go.  In software, I • can
make their significance be whatever I want.  I also think that dice-roll
decision making would decrease the chance surviving aggression.

- Rob

How can I attach lets say 4 switches so the make a binary code, (4switches
should need only two ports). I want to have one switch on each side of the
bot and in front and back.

Øyvind Steinnes
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Phoenix