 Robotics / 21753
Re: an idea, can someone tell me if this is possible/been done before/etc?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 14:47:27 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Philippe Hurbain wrote:

Imagine that I add the RCX to this robot.  One RCX output controls the
forward/backward switches of Quad242.  A second RCX output controls the turn/not
turn switches of Quad242.

Much lighter than 1 RCX per leg !!!

This leaves one motor output and three sensor inputs free to use for sensing and
reacting to the environment.  Also the infra-red port can be used for remote
control.

I guess the third output should control the Walk/Don't Walk function, perhaps
directly driving compressor motor?

Ahh, yes.  Not walking is an important part of the behavior :^)

I'll probably have the third output control a pole reversor switch.  Battery
power -> pole reversor -> RC racer motor (or two?) -> pumps.  I want a powerful
compressor.

Philo

Kevin