 Robotics / 21798
Re: an idea, can someone tell me if this is possible/been done before/etc?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 19:08:29 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Paul Kleniewski wrote:

"Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HpAAsB.1Kpo@lugnet.com...

The foot on the obstacle is not in the air but on the ground.  If you mean that
one foot is on the obstacle and the other can't reach the ground, I see your
point.  I was hoping to add a suspension to Quad242 to make it handle a certain
level of uneveness.

hmm
my english is not very well so i'm explaining in weak way

let's say your q242 is walking on a flat surface
everything is quite well

now ahead q242 there is one stair
(it has appropriate size and so on)
i can imagine
q242 raises its leg
moves it over the step
and settle down
but this time leg stops on the step (which is higher than the ground level)

if foot will have mechanism described in former post
q242 will not try to push leg to the ground level
so leg will stay at the higher level (on the stair)
in this case q242 body will stay flat

So the pneumatic switch acts as a pneumatic touch sensor and stops the leg from
extending fully.

I'll keep that in mind.

next leg will "walk" over the stair and will be set on the ground level

when whole q242 step procedure will be finished
(all legs will finish its cycle)
q242 will start next cycle with the first leg
(this leg stays on the stair)
foot mechanism will raise such leg from its state

if this description is not undestandable
i'll build such a mechnism to show what i meant to say :))))

one word summary:
foot mechnism hovever pneumatic works as a touch sensor

I understand.  Thanks for the explanation.

br
pixel

Kevin