 People / Support / 76
75  |  77
Subject:
enough useless noise. (was: simple inquiry (was: Worst of the worst))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.people.support
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2006 16:23:41 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Eric Sophie wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Jason S. Mantor wrote:
Eric, get a clue!
You brought this round back to lugnet yourself.

Bringing it "back" was not my motivation, showing others that I get hassled
even when I keep to myself was.

Eric, With that "logic", should I post here about the woman at the Massachusetts
Registry of Motor Vehicles who gave me a hard time the other day? How about a
PITA Brickseller? How about when rude comments are made about me over in
rec.toys.lego? How about receiving junk in my e-mail box from someone who posted
to .admin about a non-administrative issue? I do not live by that logic. If I
did, there would be hundreds of posts here from me over the years that stemmed
from my personal hurt whenever users hassled me, publicly or offline. Seriously,
I've probably taken a thousand times more flack than you have, but I kept my
mouth shut (whenever possible) because I have dignity. People have gotten
p'd-off with me about some ridiculous things. Even now, some people downright
dislike me. But I have the self-confidence to not let it get to me. Years of
therapy and experience have taught me that, when it DOES get to me, I am not
truly helped by turning to outsiders for validation, because I can not depend on
others to make me feel better about myself. ...That's a fact of life.

Regarding this specific incident, Eric. Readers of the newsgroups at LUGNET do
not need to be made aware of someone teasing you. You've shot yourself in the
foot by starting this thread. You did the very thing that annoys people about
you. (Not to mention, you publicized an insult - giving it even more exposure!)
You're perpetuating a cycle that can only end badly. Take this seriously:
Renewed respect is not automatic - it's earned through prolonged redemption.
Saying you're sorry is not going to be enough. You need to change permanently.
Concerning your distaste for changing how you act: In this case,
  behavior modification = behaving one's self
That does not harm the community. It's a requirement for the community.

I'll remind you, and everyone else, that posting to LUGNET is NOT a right - it's
a privilege. Privileges can be taken away. And IMO, when "the needs of the many
outweigh the needs of the few", swift and cold action is justified to ensure
overall health.

...Sorry if I'm sounding overly harsh here, but I'm seriously sick and tired of
seeing garbage like this on LUGNET.

-Suz