 Administrative / General / 13662
Re: Worst of the worst
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2006 21:53:51 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Jeff Stembel wrote:
I think the easiest way would be adding some negative spotlight options, or
making the neutral one submitable.  Right now there is no way for us as users to
"vote something off the front page" so to speak (other than spotlighing tons of
other messages to flood the front page).  I know it was never implemented to
prevent people from negatively spotlighting posts from people they don't like,
but it's probably a better solution than having these things keep hanging around
on the front page at this point.

Good point, Jeff - actually something like that appears ideal: User opinions are
very important when it comes to the spotlight feature, so we probably want
exactly this option: To be able to move a topic out of the spotlight upon
request, or probably even by active voting from the community.

As for rejecting new posts to threads, or moving threads someplace else, that'd
be similar to being able to lock threads - a feature very nice to have but very
difficult to set up. I'll have a chat with René and will see what is possible.
Keeping the spotlight focused on LEGO- rather than personal topics will quite
possibly be our first pick, though.

Regards,

Jerry