 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9547
Re: C$ board design
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 18:53:50 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Michael Purvis wrote:
I think it would be slightly more classy to play on a fully standard board (with
the legs screwed into a 2x2 that's screwed down to a grey baseplate

Well, personally, I'm not sure if it's more "classy" to drive a few screws
through the legs of a Connect-4 board, a piece of wood, and a LEGO base-plate.
:)

But I agree it does change the rules of the game a little bit.

However, using the method above, it would be VERY easy for me to mount my
board+2x2, 1/2 stud forward, and to the right of where you mount yours.  So, it
could make a big difference which board we use, when we play each other.

but if people are for modding the board, that certainly makes it simpler.

If the general opinion is to NOT make this already-very-tough challenge any
easier, the LEGO legs could easily be built up to resemble the original legs.

I messed around at lunch, and came up with a pretty solid design.  I can take
pictures, and make drawings this weekend.

Steve