 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9456
Re: C$
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 2003 14:59:59 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
I bought my Connect-4 game yesterday.  Last night, my son wanted to play, so we
played a few games.  I'm really starting to 'understand' the game.  I won almost
all the games.

wow Steve, you must be SO PROUD!!!  you beat your son at connect-four, for
"almost all the games"

So:

"If a robot does not play exactly one chip in the game board before signaling
'End Of Turn', or the robot drops a chip outside the board, which interferes
with the opponent, the offending robot will forfeit the game"

Just my suggestion
Steve

I can not see in my mind how not not placeing a chip can be an advantage.  and
even if you can show me, the thought that someone might program for that
scenario just breaks the KISS rule.

if people want to do that..... then so be it.

BUT keep in mind ANY RULE that automatically disqualifies a robot allows for
"lesser" robots to win.

for example:  what if a known GOOD robot has a run of bad luck, and miss's one
chip.  this ~could~ allow a robot made by Calum or Greg to win againts a robot
made by team Rob-dont stress my Gear- S.

Chris