 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9533
Re: C$
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 22:57:35 GMT

Steve Hassenplug wrote:

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
So:

"If a robot does not play exactly one chip in the game board before signaling
'End Of Turn', or the robot drops a chip outside the board, which interferes
with the opponent, the offending robot will forfeit the game"

I can not see in my mind how not not placeing a chip can be an advantage.  and
even if you can show me, the thought that someone might program for that
scenario just breaks the KISS rule.

if people want to do that..... then so be it.

Has this question been answered?  Will robots be allowed to not make a play?
(unintentionally or otherwise)

And, has a method of communication been decided upon?  (IR or sensor toggle)

I (still) think a sensor toggle would be the best route to go.

Chris