 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9454
9453  |  9455
Subject:
C$
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 2003 14:10:07 GMT

I bought my Connect-4 game yesterday.  Last night, my son wanted to play, so we
played a few games.  I'm really starting to 'understand' the game.  I won almost
all the games.

A couple things came to mind about the rules.

It was suggested that if a robot tries to put in a chip, and fails, that's his
bad luck.  (less chips makes it harder to win)  At first, I aggreed with this.

In actual game strategy, I don't think that's correct.  Part of the strategy
assumes that each player must make exactly one play per turn.  There will be
times near the end of the game, where it would be better for one player to skip
his turn, rather than be forced to make a bad move.

In my opinion, it should be OK for a robot to drop a chip outside the game, as
long as it doesn't affect the other robot, however, the robot is still required
to make exactly one play in the game board, before signaling End Of Turn.

So:

"If a robot does not play exactly one chip in the game board before signaling
'End Of Turn', or the robot drops a chip outside the board, which interferes
with the opponent, the offending robot will forfeit the game"

Just my suggestion
Steve