 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9543
Re: C$ board design
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 15:15:17 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
I had an idea for a way to mount the C-4 board, but I wanted to know what people
think.

The general idea was to remove the blue "legs" and build a LEGO replacement,
instead of trying to come up with a way to secure the original legs to the
ground.

That would even make it possible for someone to build the board mounding into
their robot.  (if that was allowed)

As an outsider with no standing that seems like it ought to be disallowed,
because if two bots that had the board built in were to compete, what would you
do then?

If you read the rule set posted:

http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=9418

You'll find that the board mount is a common piece, separate from both robots.
What Steve is proposing is to only use the yellow board without the blue legs
and replacing the legs with a common frame design.  Someone designs it, we ldraw
it up and post it on the site.  Every guy builds one and designs their robot to
attach to it, such that any two robots can attach to any common frame.

All great stuff, but Steve seems to be saying "build the board mounding into
their robot" which sounds like it goes into the yellow area in the diagram. That
seems wrong to me, since it suggests that the robot is married/entangled into
the yellow area.