 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9019
9018  |  9020
Subject:
Chris' notebook
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 2003 15:28:41 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

I'm sure somewhere, Chris has a logbook with notes like this:  :)

-------------------
March 16, 2003

I just got home from rtl13.  WOW.  Some of the robots there were SO impressive.
After seeing the the incredable robots by John G and Steve H, not to mention the
simple robots by Jeff and Derek, and so many others, I know I'll never be able
to build robots that good.

I need to start planning my next failure, right now.  My only hope is to create
an elaborate web of lies that depict me building a very successful robot, and at
the last minute come up with a complex reason for failure.

I know this will be hard, but it has to be easier than building a good robot.

-------------------
March 17, 2003

I just posted a message with info about the next event.

http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=6723

I also came up with a possible loophole to get me out of this event.  It still
needs work, but I don't have a clue about how to build a robot to pull blocks
out of rice.

-------------------
July 7, 2003

I haven't worked on my plan for a couple months.  Time to get back to work.  I
came up with an idea for getting Steve H out of the event...

-------------------
July 17, 2003

http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=8084

I hope this works.  I know Steve H has other plans on Sept 13.  He told me he's
going to a big LEGO sumo event in Michigan.  I really wish I could go there,
instead of this darn rice game, which is way over my head.

Now, if I can just get rid of John G and David K, I may not look so bad when I
fail.

-----------------
July 22, 2003

Steve H is starting to talk about the rtl event at Brickfest.  I know he's
right.  It really is an rtl event, but I've got to find a way out.  I'm so mad
at him.

------------------
July 22, 2003

http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=8159

I'll just avoid the issue.  That should get me off the hook.

------------------
July 23, 2003

It didn't work.  Well, I'm not going to play his little game.

http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=8199

Man, I really wish I could enter that sumo event on Sept 20th.

------------------
July 30, 2003

I've been working on my plan.  I haven't slept in days.  I need to post
something, and make it sound like I'm sick for some other reason...

http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=8363

------------------
August 1, 2003

Kate's been gone for a couple days.  Still no progress on my plan to get out of
building a robot, but I need to start talking trash, and put up a good front.

http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=8380
------------------
August 19, 2003

http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=8540

I set my plan in motion.  First, I'm going to make them think I'm not building a
robot (as usual).

-----------------
August 25, 2003

Oh my god, this is GREAT news.

http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=8740

Now, David won't see my failed attempt at a robot.  Iain already said he won't
be there.  Now, I just need to work on Bruce, John, Derek, Calum,...  oh, this
is going to be hard.

-----------------
August 26, 2003

http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=8856

There I FINALLY said it.  "Steve's WAY smarter than me."  I feel better, now.

-----------------
August 30, 2003

Here's where I ask a couple questions, to make it sound like I'm doing
something.

http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=8915
http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=8931

-----------------
August 31, 2003

New Motto "One brick more than Bruce"

http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=8934

I really hope he doesn't get any bricks.  Then, I'll just fall one brick short
of my goal.

-----------------
Sept 1, 2003

V. may have something here.

http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=8951

Can I convince everyone that the shelf-life of my RCX has expired?  I need to
ask him for some building advice.  He sounds like he knows what he's talking
about.

----------------
Sept 3, 2003

Ok, now I have to hit them hard with the real lies.
http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=8981

----------------
Sept 6, 2003

And some more
http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=9010

----------------
Sept 7, 2003

lies:
http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=9011

Sept 7, 2003

Ok, this is where the plan takes a twist.

http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=9015

I need to make them think I've run into some mysterious problem which will cause
all my work to be invalid.

I hope they forgot what I told them in the first place:

http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=6723