 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9020
Re: Chris' notebook
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 2003 16:04:39 GMT

Oh My Goodness!  This is 'roll on the floor' funny.  This is milk coming out hte
nose funny!  This is... well, anyway, beautifully done.

Highlights...

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
I'm sure somewhere, Chris has a logbook with notes like this:  :)

-------------------
March 16, 2003

I just got home from rtl13.  WOW.  Some of the robots there were SO impressive.
After seeing the the incredable robots by John G and Steve H, not to mention the
simple robots by Jeff and Derek, and so many others, I know I'll never be able
to build robots that good.

I need to start planning my next failure, right now.  My only hope is to create
an elaborate web of lies that depict me building a very successful robot, and at
the last minute come up with a complex reason for failure.

I know this will be hard, but it has to be easier than building a good robot.

Good intro...

<snip>

------------------
August 1, 2003

Kate's been gone for a couple days.  Still no progress on my plan to get out of
building a robot, but I need to start talking trash, and put up a good front.

Getting Kate involved--very nice touch

<snip>

-----------------
August 25, 2003

Oh my god, this is GREAT news.

http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=8740

Now, David won't see my failed attempt at a robot.  Iain already said he won't
be there.  Now, I just need to work on Bruce, John, Derek, Calum,...  oh, this
is going to be hard.

Hate weddings....

<snip>

-----------------
Sept 1, 2003

V. may have something here.

http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=8951

Can I convince everyone that the shelf-life of my RCX has expired?  I need to
ask him for some building advice.  He sounds like he knows what he's talking
about.

The best bit...

<snip>

----------------
Sept 7, 2003

Ok, this is where the plan takes a twist.

http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=9015

I need to make them think I've run into some mysterious problem which will cause
all my work to be invalid.

I hope they forgot what I told them in the first place:

http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=6723

And bring it back to the beginning :)

All in all, my review is 'Thumbs up!'

Dave K
-who thinks he'll build a sumo 'bot and ship to down to Steve H for the contest