 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9039
Re: Chris' notebook
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 2003 14:08:24 GMT

I'm sure somewhere, Chris has a logbook with notes like this:  :)

steve, as I've said in private e-mail.

1.  I hate you.

I can just feel the love in this room.

That may be the best thing you've ever said to me.

2.  this was the funniest thing I've seen posted in a very long time.

I don't even have a snazzy come back.  it was that funny.

I was considering posting a follow-up, about how you've been discovered, and now
have to spend all night, every night, for the rest of the week actually trying
to come up with a real robot...

BUT, that being said, everything you show, although plausible, is just
plain wrong.

Well, of course, you'll say that, now.

right now the only issue for me is the good vs bad blocks.

So, everything's great, except it can't actually sort...

Does that strike you as odd?

The rules:
http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-091303/

say:
"The goal of rtlToronto14 is to get to a box filled with uncooked rice and
search through the material to find and extract black 2x4 Lego blocks while
sorting out white 2x4 blocks."

And you claim your robot works fine, except it can't sort...

Next, I bet you'll claim to have solved this impossible problem.

BTW I gotta ask, exactly how much time did you spend researching all
those past NG messages??

About 2.5 hours.  None of it was company time.  Of course.

And, if anyone is actually interested in entering the worlds biggest LEGO sumo
event; maybe you're busy the day of rtl 14, or maybe you just couldn't find a
way to get the blocks out of the rice: Ann Arbor is just a 5 hour drive from
Toronto.  As it turns out, it's also 5 hours from where I live.  So you really
can't use that as an excuse.

Check this out:
http://www.24tooth.com/CurrentEvent.html

Steve

PS: you're welcome to send me your robot...  if you trust me with it.