 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12512
Re: Thanks rtl(rlt, wink)Toronto
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 2004 21:33:14 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, C. L. GunningCook wrote:
Just as a side note, if you want to try that again, always mix the cornstarch in
a bit of cold water, or the "juice" from the can, to make it into a thick but
runny glue like paste instead of trying to mix it straight into the whole mess
of peaches, that will end the lumpy cornstarch issue.

Actually, that's what I did.  I took the juice (aka, syrup) from the can, and
mixed it with extra sugar and cornstarch and boiled it in a pot separate from
the peaches.  I stirred the damned thing a LOT.

of it.  I found a recipe on conservativehousewife.com
(Giggles)

http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/deepdishpeaches.htm

I will NEVER use anything that says "Fundamental Christian Links" on it as a
badge of honour.

Think you are up to making a pumpkin pie with freshly whipped cream??? ..... Oh
yummy!!!!

I give up.  Pears maybe.  But no more canned anything.  I'll wait till peach
season next year.

Calum