 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12436
12435  |  12437
Subject:
Thanks rtl(rlt, wink)Toronto
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 17:51:46 GMT

Just wanted to take a moment and thank Napoleon and the rest of rtlToronto for
inviting representation of the J-LUG down to participate in the latest train
display.  I had a great time and really enjoyed the on topic and even more, the
very off topic parts of my weekend.

I'm continually  impressed with the quality of Mocs that fans create and this
display was no exception. The intensively detailed layout including but not
limited to the working lift bridge, the lock, the span of bridges, impressive
mountain and scenery, and detailed snot roads and the new perennial crowd
pleasing favourite, the motorised cows, certainly raised the bar for my own next
MOC.

On my drive home, while I got hopelessly lost due to a missed turn...... I had
plenty of time to mull over my experience. I noticed certain catch phrases and
details of the weekend played over in my head......

Keeping someone up all night can actually be totally innocent, who knew?

"I like peaches!!!!" (mmmmmm peach PIE)

Just call him "pretty"

It's not a train, it's an "engine".... (nicely done too)

It *SOOOOO* does say "magic mushrooms"!

Smurfette can destroy the male mojo, but can prove extremely helpful while
shopping.  (Apparently it takes 3 AFOL to purchase to plano boxes.)

"If you can't stand the smack, get out of the LUG."

The ballet can be very entertaining but apparently leads to napping.

"Oh that's my wooden leg!"

A double/double is "normal" but a triple/triple borderlines on freakish.

Some AFOL can be bought off to do "chores" with treats.

Mmmmmm flannel.

And apparently (total news to me, wink) my voice carries????

But more over then anything else, these three thing rang true.........

One, only I could have the dumb luck to lose all the incriminating photos but
still have the cash in my wallet left untouched.

Two, the fact I seem cursed to not only destroy someone else's MOC at *EVERY*
single display I have participated in, but to also have someone end up with
evidence of such disasters. (sorry about the train Dave!)

Four (math is hard), but in all sincerity, I am grateful for the outstanding
kindness and hospitality that has been demonstrated to me by AFOL.

Thanks guys!
Janey "Red Brick"