 Off-Topic / Fun / 9461
Re: National nouns (was:Americans, North Americans, Americasians)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 31 May 2002 20:35:15 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, John Neal writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Pedro Silva writes:

take Central African Republic, for instance; what do you call a national of
*that* state?

Carrion?

;-) John

Central African(s).

Bruce
(no, really, I looked it up <g>)

So technically they share exactly the same problem as Americans: the noun
refers purely to geography, not the people.
You are not alone!...
:-)

Pedro