 Off-Topic / Debate / 16474
16473  |  16475
Subject:
Liberal Media (was Bush Knew?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 28 May 2002 13:38:35 GMT

I don't like Bush (I don't have to--I'm not American).  That said, I'll give
him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise, though

  I'm American(1), and I don't like him either, but I'll likewise give him
the benefit.

  However, a number of right-wing demagogues in the media *still* gripe
about Clinton as if he's *still* busily destroying the entirety of the
universe, but not a peep from these righties about Bush's nebulous
involvement in pre-9/11 knowledge or, for that matter, Enron.  I truly hope
that our President is 100% clean in both of these issues, but if either of
them had happened during Clinton's administration, would the so-called
"liberal media" have been so restrained in its eagerness to crucify him?
Even (or especially) during wartime?
  Just a thought...

   Dave!

(1)  I know, I know--everyone likes to say "You're not American; you're
*United Statesian*"  Nuts to that--through college and business and travel
I've had occasion to know several dozen non-US citizens, *all* of whom
without exception referred to citizens of the United States as "Americans."
That's not a huge sampling, I grant you, but it's enough to convince me that
it's okay to call myself American.