 Off-Topic / Debate / 16473
Re: Bush Knew?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 28 May 2002 13:15:13 GMT

Wow -- if that turns out to be true in the long-term I think I am feeling
fairly outraged.  Bush has done nothing but use the whole crisis to boost
his popularity, and now it may be that he knew in advance.

Shades of what Roosevelt knew about Pearl Harbor -- except this time Bush
lacks any possible justifiable motive to enter us into a war.  O wait, maybe
it's just the businesses that he and his pals all profit from...

Can't argue with the $$$.

-- Hop-Frog

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/opinion/columnists/orl-edpparker19051902may19.column

She points out that knowing that *some* terrorist attack *may* happen
*somewhere* and knowing that a bunch of insane moronic idiotic
lower-than-life infidels hijacking planes with knives and such at 8 a.m. on
Tuesday September 11, 2001 , are two completely different things.

Now if it comes out in the wash that Bush knew that 9/11 was going to
happen, have fun kicking him out of office.

Did someone (agencies, whoever) drop the ball?  You bet.  All the red flags
were there--what you didn't have was someone to notice the pattern and make
a preemptive end to the sequence of events.

I don't like Bush (I don't have to--I'm not American).  That said, I'll give
him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise, though--it's what the
justice system strives for--innocent until proven guilty.  And that's how we
play cricket in this town.

Dave